Today’s cup poured by:
How hot is too hot to get out of the house?
If you’ve never spent a Friday evening at Camp North End, I recommend you swing by. The live music and vendors make for a perfect way to kick off the weekend.
Before we bounce to our weekend picks, here are two reminders about ticket giveaways:
- Click over to Livin’ Charlotte for a chance to see Mo’Nique & Friends at Knight Theater on June 30. We’ll pick a winner on Friday.
- Also on Friday, we’ll pick two winners for Canvases & Cocktails, a paint & sip event sponsored by SouthEnd Arts. Members can go here to enter our drawing for a chance to paint with Glenn. Everyone else (members included) can go here.
Finally, QCity Metro wants to shout out Sheila Etheridge-Boddie for becoming a member. Thank you, Sheila, for supporting our work.
Our Weekend Picks
Food and Drink
- B-Sides (Fri): Enjoy a night of curated music and cocktails. Food and drink specials will be available.
- Carnival Brunch (Sun): Enjoy traditional Caribbean food at a laid-back Sunday brunch setting.
- R with Soul Food Tour (Sun): Explore the food and music of the Queen City with this bus tour.
Arts and Culture
Get tickets before you’re iced out
The Tony®-nominated Best Musical FROZEN features the songs you know and love from the original film. An unforgettable theatrical experience with sensational special effects, FROZEN is everything you want in a musical. It’s moving. It’s spectacular. And above all, it’s pure Broadway joy.
Promote Your Event
QCity Metro partners with some of Charlotte’s leading arts & entertainment organizations. Let us help you promote your next event. Email Bethany Lane at email@example.com
This item first appeared in our morning newsletter, which is delivered Monday through Saturday to more than 7,000 smart subscribers in the Charlotte area. You can become one of them.